Colon also known as large intestines is a part of the digestive track wherein water is absorbed and feces are stored until an individual defecates.
There are a number of conditions which affect the colon which range from appendicitis, constipation, colorectal cancer, irritable bowel syndrome, and much more. Some conditions can be treated with simple oral medication while others may need surgery.
Common Symptoms of Colon Diseases
- Diarrhea : Diarrhea is a common problem for people with Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD).
- Fever and fatigue : A person infected with IBD, experiences low-grade fever. Tiredness and low energy levels are other symptoms.
- Abdominal pain and cramping: Inflammation and ulceration can affect the normal movement of contents through your digestive tract which may lead to pain and cramping. You may also experience nausea and vomiting.
- Blood in stools : You might notice blood in the shade of bright or dark red while passing stools. Being subjected to internal bleeding (occult blood) is also common.
- Unintended weight loss : You may lose weight and even become malnourished as the processes of digestion and absorption of food do not function properly.
Treatment for Colon Diseases
Just as there are a number of colon diseases, there are numerous ways to solve every condition. The direction of treatment is decided by the doctor depending on the severity and stage of the disease. Do not leave the above symptoms unattended as it could be colon cancer too which is treated through colorectal surgery. It is very important and beneficial to detect & cure colon diseases as early as possible.
Dr. N P Kamalesh, a gastrointestinal surgeon provides you the best treatment for colon diseases in Kerala. This highly professional and skilled surgeon has always aimed to meet the needs of his patients at its complete manner.
Visit us: www.surgicalgastro.com
Mail us: email@example.com